Static Auth Token Provisioning is used for devices that connect to the Internet over the Ethernet, cellular networks and other connectivity types.
☝️ In this workflow, every product you deliver to the customer will be pre-flashed with Auth Token.
How it works for your customers:
- Your happy customers open the box with your product;
- Every product comes with the QR code. It can be printed and put into the box, or can be sent over email as a .png image;
- After your customers downloaded your app from App Store or Google Play, they create new account and log into your app;
- From there they can scan the QR code;
- Your app scans the code and saves the Auth Token on the smartphone;
- Now smartphone talks to the device with the same Auth Token;
How to include Static Auth Token Provisioning to your App
- You use regular Blynk code and library to develop firmware;
- You request a number of Auth Tokens from Blynk. Contact us at blynk.io. Let's say you have 1,000 devices. Then you would need to request 1,000 Auth Tokens;
- We provide you with a list of Auth Tokens. Every Auth Token is associated with the QR code image. You get an archive with PNG images of QR Codes + Auth Tokens;
- You would need to flash every new hardware with the Auth Token from the list we provided;
- Before you send the product to your customers, print QR codes and place them in the package box, or send them over email. Whatever is more convenient for you;