App exporting and publishing is a multi-step process that is mostly done by a Blynk engineer assigned to you after you sign up, but there are some actions needed from you as well.
☝️ Make sure you check all articles about app exporting before starting the exporting process. Pay additional attention to these items:
On average, the whole process takes 5-10 business days and it's very dependent on how ready your project and hardware are. It also depends on how fast communication between your company and Blynk is happening.
🗓 Duration: 1-2 business days
1. Your dedicated business server will be launched.
2. We would need a QR-code of your project
3. Blynk engineer will help with transferring this project to your business server.
4. Blynk engineer will review your firmware code (if you'd like) to check that Blynk routines are implemented correctly.
🗓 Duration depends on how ready your product is
5. You will get the test version of the Android app. This will be .apk file that you can install on any Android device.
6. You would need to test that app is working correctly with your device
If you prefer to start with the testing of the iOS version of the app - let your account manager know that.
For testing your iOS app you would need:
- Apple ID - an email address you use to login to Apple services
- TestFlight app - which is an app made by Apple to test apps before publishing
Once you confirm that everything works correctly
🗓 2-5 business days
Unfortunately, Apple and Google no longer allow publishing apps for other companies under the Blynk developer account. To publish your apps to app stores you would need developer licenses for Apple and Google.
Developer memberships are paid. Check the links below to learn more:
- Android Developer Program: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/6112435?hl=en
- Apple Developer Program: https://developer.apple.com/support/app-account/
Once you have the developer accounts set up, Blynk engineer will guide you through the rest of the procedures needed.
7. Usually, we start with publishing your Android app because it's easier. For that you would simply give Blynk engineer permissions to publish Android version of the app under your developer account.
8. To publish iOS version, we would need to go through these steps:
- Add Blynk iOS engineer to your developer account (we will explain how)
- Prepare a demo-video for Apple review. Apple requires a short video that shows a real iOS device and your product. Include how a user would add a new device (Dynamic Provisioning) or and a few interactions with it.
Here is an example of such video:
Make sure a real iOS device is in the video with your product. It is not allowed to use video montage or screen recording. You can send a video or a link to it.
Apple will take 2-10 days for a review.Once approved app will be published to app store automatically.
Your apps are now in app stores and ready for download by your clients.